Kentucky Nursing Continuing Education – Online CE
Your shopping cart is empty
Visit the shop
Kentucky Nursing Board Recognized CE Sponsor – Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
According to Kentucky Nursing Board Continuing Education Rules, A CE activity that has been approved by ANY state board of nursing has been recognized by an Kentucky Nursing Board. Biologix Solutions LLC is an approved provider of nursing continuing education courses by The California Board of Nursing (CEP – 15746), and Florida Board of Nursing (50-12950).
Kentucky Nursing CNE Requirements (Click Here): Internet continuing education courses must be offered by approved CE providers. If the provider of a CE course is approved by one of national nursing organizations or any state board of nursing, KBN will accept that course for the same number of contact hours.
- All RN licenses expire October 31 of each year. Completion of the 14 contact hours of CE required annually for RN relicensure.
- There is no maximum on the number of independent study hours that can be obtained.
- Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma, also known as “Shaken Baby Syndrome.” 1.5 hours. This is a one-time CE requirement covering the recognition and prevention of pediatric abusive head trauma. Nurses licensed as of July 15, 2010 have until December 31, 2013 to complete the course. Nurses licensed after that date have three years from the date of licensure to complete the course.
- HIV/AIDs – Eliminated as a Mandatory CE Requirement.
- Domestic Violence – Nurses seeking reinstatement, licensure by endorsement from another state, and examination candidates educated outside of Kentucky must earn three contact hours of KBN-approved domestic violence CE within three years of licensure into Kentucky. This is a one-time requirement.
- SANE Sexual Assualt – Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) credentialed nurses are required to earn five contact hours of approved sexual assault CE each licensure period (forensic medicine or domestic violence CE will meet this requirement).
- APRN Pharmacology – Advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) are required to earn five contact hours of approved CE in pharmacology each licensure period. These hours count as part of the CE requirement for the period in which they are earned.