Infection Control Course for New York State Healthcare Professionals
New York State Department of Health Approved Provider: TP02052
|Contact Hours: 3 (Mandatory)
Curriculum: Click Here
Certificate: Printable (PDF) | Certificate Validity: 4 Years
NYDOH Provider ID: TP02052
Approved For: All New York Healthcare Professionals
Infection Control & Barrier Precautions Training Offered By Biologix Solutions LLC is Approved For: Physicians, Resident Physicians, Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Podiatrists, Registered Physician Assistants, Special Assistants, Optometrists, Medical Students, and Physician Assistant Students. Eligible Groups (Employees, Credentialed/Affiliated Professionals, and Community based Providers.)
The New York Infection Control & Barrier Precautions Online Course Covers Following Six Core Elements in Depth:
- Element I: Responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control and to monitor the performance of those for whom the professional is responsible.
- Element II: Modes and mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the healthcare setting and strategies for prevention and control.
- Element III: Use of engineering and work practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient and healthcare worker exposure to contact with potentially infectious material in all healthcare settings for bloodborne pathogens.
- Element IV: Selection and use of barriers and/or personal protective equipment for preventing patient and healthcare worker contact with potentially infectious material.
- Element V: Creation and maintenance of a safe environment for patient care in all healthcare settings through application of infection control principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization.
- Element VI: Prevention and management of infectious or communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
Infection Control Training Requirements for New York State Licensed Healthcare Providers : Health professionals are required to attest infection control and barrier precautions training completion certificate on license renewal and provide a copy of their certificate to the person(s) who maintain their credentialing documentation. Independent Physicians and Physician Assistants whose professional credentials are not maintained by employer must submit a copy of their certificate by mail to the New York State Department of Health.