New York Infection Control Training for Healthcare Providers
New York Infection Control Training (Mandatory) is Approved by
New York State Department of Health (Provider # TP02080 – Valid Until 4/6/2022)
|Contact Hours: 3 (Mandatory) |
Curriculum: Click Here
Certificate: Printable (PDF) | Certificate Validity: 4 Years
NYDOH Provider ID: TP02080 (Valid Through 4/6/2022)
Approved For: All New York Healthcare Professionals
New York Infection Control Training is Approved For Following Healthcare Professionals:
- Resident Physicians
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
- Dental Hygienists
- Registered Physician Assistants
- Special Assistants
- Medical Students, and Physician Assistant Students.
- Other Healthcare Professionals Needing to Satisfy Infection Control Training Requirements
- Eligible Groups (Employees, Credentialed/Affiliated Professionals, and Community based Providers.)
New York Infection Control Training Course Covers Following Six Core Elements in Depth (2010 NYS Infection Control Training Syllabus):
- Element I: Responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control and to monitor the performance of those for whom the professional is responsible.
- Element II: Modes and mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the healthcare setting and strategies for prevention and control.
- Element III: Use of engineering and work practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient and healthcare worker exposure to contact with potentially infectious material in all healthcare settings for bloodborne pathogens.
- Element IV: Selection and use of barriers and/or personal protective equipment for preventing patient and healthcare worker contact with potentially infectious material.
- Element V: Creation and maintenance of a safe environment for patient care in all healthcare settings through application of infection control principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization.
- Element VI: Prevention and management of infectious or communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
New York Infection Control Training for Healthcare Providers (Click Here) : Health professionals are required to attest infection control and barrier precautions training completion certificate on license renewal and provide a copy of their certificate to the person(s) who maintain their credentialing documentation. Independent Physicians and Physician Assistants whose professional credentials are not maintained by employer must submit a copy of their certificate by mail to the New York State Department of Health.