Prevention of Abuse and Neglect (PANDA) course has been developed for dental settings to provide evidence based information on abuse and neglect in children and elders. This continuing education course will provide information on the various types of abuse and neglect, and outline the dental professionals’ responsibilities in the recognition, reporting, treatment, and prevention of such cases.
Upon completion of this course (PANDA), you will be able to learn:
- Major types of abuse & neglect in children and elders.
- Identify various signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect in children and elders.
- The Dentists’ role in abuse & neglect intervention.
- Etiology of child maltreatment.
- Evaluation or assessment of a child suspected of having been abused or neglected.
- Measures that dentists’ can take to prevent further instances of maltreatment.
- Maryland law and reporting requirements of abuse & neglect.
- Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR)
- Mandated Reporter
- Where to Report?
- Contents of the Report: Section 5-704(c)
- Confidentiality provisions
- Access to Medical Records: Health General Article 4-306, Family Law Article 5-711
- Maryland specific reporting forms and contact numbers.
Contact Hours : 2 (Two)
Fee: $25 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Author: Dr. Thomas Karagiannis, DMD, General Dentist practicing over 25 years.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 155 – Child Abuse Identification & Reporting (Electives) – Prevention of Abuse and Neglect
Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners Approved: Click Here
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants. (Mandatory for Maryland)
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.