Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia among older people, and, as such, continues to have significant impact among families, the healthcare system and society. The purpose of this course is to prepare healthcare professionals to deliver appropriate therapeutic interventions to persons with Alzheimer’s disease, their family members, and caregivers. The course is to explain a contemporary review of diagnosis, treatment, interdisciplinary care planning, and rehabilitation strategies in the management of patient with Alzheimer’s disease.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiological changes in the brain related to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Discuss most common signs and symptoms of three stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Explain benefits of early screening and diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Determine most common tests or early screening tools used in diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and differentiate it from dementia.
- Discuss strategies for assisting with activities of daily living at the various stages of Alzheimer’s including impaired communication, enhancing nutrition and behavioral management skills.
- Describe interdisciplinary care planning in the treatment of Alzheimer’s.
- Describe the impact on family members, including the grief process, caregiver training, and dementia care programs.
Author: Christine Church, M.S., OTR/L , Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours: 4 Hours
Cost: $25 / Participant
Target Audience: Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy & Other Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.