Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia among older people, and, as such, continues to have significant impact among families, the healthcare system and society. The purpose of this course is to prepare healthcare professionals to deliver appropriate therapeutic interventions to persons with Alzheimer’s disease, their family members, and caregivers. The course is to explain a contemporary review of diagnosis, treatment, interdisciplinary care planning, and rehabilitation strategies in the management of patient with Alzheimer’s disease.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiological changes in the brain related to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Discuss most common signs and symptoms of three stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Explain benefits of early screening and diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Determine most common tests or early screening tools used in diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and differentiate it from dementia.
- Discuss strategies for assisting with activities of daily living at the various stages of Alzheimer’s including impaired communication, enhancing nutrition and behavioral management skills.
- Describe interdisciplinary care planning in the treatment of Alzheimer’s.
- Describe the impact on family members, including the grief process, caregiver training, and dementia care programs.
Author: Christine Church, M.S., OTR/L , Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours: 4 Hours / 4 PDR (AOTA CEUs—0.4)
Cost: $25 / Participant
Educational Level: Intermediate
AOTA Classification Codes: Category 1 – OT Service Delivery
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Other Health Professionals
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC , you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 9837. This distance learning-independent is offered at 0.4 CEUs, Intermediate, Category 1 – OT Service Delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply the endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
The current term of approval extends from 6/21/2017 through 6/30/2025. Provider ID: 9837.
There are 38 States Currently Recognize AOTA Approved Providers (Click Here) either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA:Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NBCOT.