Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia among older people, and, as such, continues to have significant impact among families, the healthcare system and society. The purpose of this course is to prepare healthcare professionals to deliver appropriate therapeutic interventions to persons with Alzheimer’s disease, their family members, and caregivers. The course is to explain a contemporary review of diagnosis, treatment, interdisciplinary care planning, and rehabilitation strategies in the management of patient with Alzheimer’s disease.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiological changes in the brain related to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Discuss most common signs and symptoms of three stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Explain benefits of early screening and diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Determine most common tests or early screening tools used in diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease and differentiate it from dementia.
- Discuss strategies for assisting with activities of daily living at the various stages of Alzheimer’s including impaired communication, enhancing nutrition and behavioral management skills.
- Describe interdisciplinary care planning in the treatment of Alzheimer’s.
- Describe the impact on family members, including the grief process, caregiver training, and dementia care programs.
Author: Christine Church, M.S., OTR/L , Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours: 4 Hours / 4 PDR
Cost: $25 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here