Excessive use of antibiotics are major factors in the emergence of antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic overuse and misuse among dentists is substantial. Antibiotic resistance now has been universally identified as public health priority and responsible prescribing practice is required to combat resistance. This continuing education course is designed to provide scientifically based guidance to clinicians regarding the use of antibiotics in dentistry.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Review the most common antibiotics used in dentistry.
- Understand the different mode of actions by which these medications work.
- Understand the classification of antibiotics on the basis of range of activity.
- Understand the concept of microbial resistance as it applies to these medications.
- Understand the principles of antibiotic usage and its administration in dentistry.
- Understand pharmacology of commonly used antibiotics.
- Learn the commonly used antibiotics and recommended dosages in dental practice.
- Learn the indicated clinical conditions for antimicrobial therapy in dentistry.
- Understand the responsible use of antibiotics in endodontic treatment.
- Understand the narrow-spectrum and broad-spectrum antimicrobial agents encountered in dentistry and common indications for use.
- Learn the therapeutic uses of antibiotics in dentistry
- Understand the recent updates in antibiotic prophylaxis for cardiac, orthopedic and immunocompromised patients. Recommendations for antibiotic prophylaxis prior to certain dental procedures.
- Learn the microbiology and antimicrobial regimens in selected odontogenic and non-odontogenic orofacial infections.
- Learn clinical tips for responsible antibiotic prescribing in dentistry
- Understand antibiotic resistance and development of adverse effects.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Fee: $30 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Authors: Dr. Ritika Agrawal MDS (OMFS), FHNSO
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.