The goal of this continuing education program (Anxiety Disorder) is to update the clinical knowledge of occupational therapists and other healthcare professionals about screening, identifying and treating the most common types of anxiety disorders.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and differentiate various categories of anxiety disorders.
- Describe triggers to anxiety reactions.
- Discuss risk factors for anxiety disorders and selected medical conditions where anxiety is present.
- Describe symptoms associated with anxiety disorders .
- Discuss general anxiety disorder (GAD) screening tool such as Occupational Performance History Interview-II (OPHI-II), Occupational Self-Assessment (OSA) and Role Checklist, Kolman Evaluation of Living Skills (KELS), and the Independent Living Skills (ILS).
- Describe pharmacological and occupational therapy interventions approaches for controlling anxiety.
- Discuss proven methods of communication to communicate effectively with anxiety patients.
Author: Christine Church , M.S., OTR/L , Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours: 2 Hours (AOTA CEUs—0.2)
Cost: $15 / Participant
Educational Level: Intermediate
AOTA Classification Codes: Category 1 – OT Service Delivery
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Other Health Professionals
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC , you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 9837. This distance learning-independent is offered at 0.2 CEUs, Intermediate, Category 1 – OT Service Delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply the endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
The current term of approval extends from 6/21/2017 through 6/30/2025. Provider ID: 9837. Approval
There are 38 States Currently Recognize AOTA Approved Providers (Click Here) either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA: Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NBCOT.