Any burn can lead to health problems, ranging from scars to life-threatening complications or even death. Thus, nurses and healthcare professionals should understand the extensive patient care sometimes involved with burn injuries. Understanding and promoting effective care can potentially improve patient outcomes and survival rates of patients with burns. This course reviews the classification, complications, and complete nursing care regarding burn injuries.
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:
- Discuss the statistical evidence and groups at increased risk for burns.
- Differentiate between the types and classifications of burns.
- Discuss how to calculate the percentage total body surface area.
- Describe care strategies for the management of minor burns and education.
- Summarize emergency patient care management of moderate to severe burns.
- Summarize inpatient care related to moderate and severe burn injuries.
- Identify burn prevention and safety techniques as well as available certifications.
Contact Hours: 2 Hours
Course Fee: $10 / Participant
Author: Amanda Marten, MSN, FNP-C
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education and state mandated compliance training for healthcare (Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Body Art Professionals), and non-healthcare professionals needing to fulfill their mandatory training and continuing education hours to obtain or maintain state/local license. Please visit our approval sections (Click Here) for the full list of approvals across all disciplines.