If you work in a profession where contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIMS) is a possibility, you need to learn how to protect yourself. Bloodborne Pathogens Training is an OSHA mandated training program for any person who may be “reasonably anticipated” to come in contact with blood and OPIMS as a result of performing their job duties.
OSHA bloodborne pathogens standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 to meet the following objectives.
- How to access a copy of the regulatory standard and an explanation of its contents.
- Have a general understanding of the epidemiology and symptoms of bloodborne diseases.
- Be able to relate the modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens.
- Be familiar with company’s ECP and know how to acquire a copy of the written plan.
- Identify / recognize tasks and other activities that may involve exposure to blood and OPIMs.
- Understand the use and limitations of methods that will prevent or reduce exposure including appropriate engineering controls, work practices, and personal protective equipment.
- Identify the types, proper use, location, removal, handling decontamination, and disposal of PPE.
- Select the appropriate PPE for assigned activities.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: Efficacy, safety, method of administration, the benefits of being vaccinated, the vaccine will be offered free of charge.
- Steps to take and persons to contact in an emergency involving human blood or OPIMs.
- Procedure to follow if an exposure incident occurs, including the method of reporting the incident and the medical follow up that will be made available.
- Post-exposure evaluation and follow up that the employer is required to provide to the employee following an exposure incident.
- Identify the signs and labels and/or color coding required by this rule.
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Price: $10 / Participant
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.