Contact Hours: 3 Hours (Minimum 2 Hours)
Florida Department of Health Approved – Click Here
100% Online Training & Test (English & Spanish)
Student Verification System Used – Click Here
English & Spanish Access Link Provided With Each Purchase.
Mandatory For Florida Tattoo Artists License (All forms of tattooing require licensure in Florida.)
After completing Bloodborne Pathogens & Communicable Diseases course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the most current (effective January 1, 2012) regulations put into place by the Florida Legislature (sections 381.00771-381.00791, Florida Statutes (F.S.), for practicing/operating tattoo establishments in Florida, which mandated bloodborne pathogens & communicable diseases training for tattoo artists.
- Identify the medical/health issues associated with tattooing.
- Identify contamination and contact transmission of disease in tattoo establishments.
- List the Bloodborne pathogens (HIV, Hepatitis B virus, Hepatitis C virus) & selected communicable diseases (Hepatitis A, Staphylococcus auerus infections, including MRSA, Tuberculosis, Impetigo, Scabies, Ringworm, Molluscum Contagiosum, Herpes Simplex, and Herpes Zoster)
- Identification of the disease
- Description of the infectious agent
- Mode of transmission
- Incubation period
- Period of communicability
- Prevention of transmission in the tattoo establishment (discussed in general prevention section at the end of the course)
- Know the minimum operational requirements (sanitary and safety requirements) related to the design and operation of tattoo establishments, and temporary establishments.
- Know the Standard Precautions and available PPE to prevent transmission of bloodborne pathogens & common skin infections.
- Know the basics of infection control, sterilization by autoclave, and aseptic techniques used to prevent disease transmission in the tattoo establishments.
- Know the steps to take following an exposure incident.
Bloodborne Pathogens & Communicable Diseases Training: Submission of proof of completion of this bloodborne pathogen and communicable diseases training course requirement and passing of the examination is only required for initial licensure or registration. There is not a continuing education requirement for renewal of an artist license or re-registration of a guest artist.