This course provides body art industry specific training in compliance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030, CalOSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Section 5193 of title 8 CCR, and California’s Safe Body Art Act AB 300, H & S Section 119307. This course work is designed by an experienced infectious disease professional with 15 years of experience working with body art industry and public health. Material covered in this comprehensive 3 hours course (minimum 2 hours required by law) provides body art industry specific information on bloodborne pathogens and other highly contagious skin infections/communicable diseases.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- The purpose of OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030, CalOSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Section 5193, Title 8 CCR (http://www.dir.ca.gov/title8/5193.html) , California Health & Safety Code Section 119307, how it applies to the body art industry, and need for bloodborne pathogens & infection control training for body art professionals.
- Medical issues associated with body art industry.
- How cross contamination and contact transmission occurs in body art shops.
- Bloodborne pathogens (HIV, Hepatitis B virus, Hepatitis C virus) & selected communicable diseases (Hepatitis A, Staphylococcus auerus infections, including MRSA, Tuberculosis, Impetigo, Scabies, Ringworm, Molluscum Contagiosum, Herpes Simplex, and Herpes Zoster)
- Identification of the disease
- Description of the infectious agent
- Mode of transmission
- Incubation period
- Period of communicability
- Prevention of transmission in the tattoo establishment
- Know the minimum operational requirements (sanitary and safety requirements) related to the design and operation of tattoo establishments, and temporary establishments.
- Know the Standard Precautions and available PPE to prevent transmission of bloodborne pathogens & common skin infections.
- Know the basics of infection control, hand hygiene, sterilization by autoclave, and aseptic techniques used to prevent disease transmission in the body art establishments.
- Information on Hepatitis B Vaccination, including safety and accessibility
- Signs, label & color coding
- Supply storage and chemical labeling
- BBP exposure incidents, and know the steps to take following an exposure incident.
Course Duration: Minimum 2 Hours (Training + 35 Test Questions) for First Time & Annual Renewals
Los Angeles County Department of Health (Approval # 14-004)
Sacramento County Department of Health
Approval: California Counties Approval / Acceptance: Approved By Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, Sacramento County, San Diego County, Fresno County, Stanislaus County, Solano County, Amador County, Los Angeles County, Nevada County, Kern County, Butte County, Ventura County, Yolo County, Placer County, Shasta County, Pasadena County, Monterey County, Sutter County, Siskiyou County (Approved for all major counties in California…list is keep growing..!)
California Approval/Acceptance: Biologix Solutions LLC’s 100% online California Safe Body Art Act (AB 300) & Cal/OSHA compliant bloodborne pathogens training for body art professionals is approved / accepted by all most all California Counties.
Below you will find list of major local health department / agencies that have approved or listed Biologix Solutions’ comprehensive body art industry specific bloodborne pathogens and infection control training as an accepted training to obtain/renew body art license in the State of California. All most all Counties in California accepts course / provider approved by Los Angeles County.
Approved By Approved By Major California Counties – Click Here