California Course ID: California Dental Practice Act (02-5003-22002)
Dental Board of California Approved Provider – RP 5003
This course includes information on the scope of practice for dental professionals, laws governing the prescribing of drugs, citations, violations, fines, revocations/suspensions, mandatory reporter status, license renewal and principles of dental ethics and how to apply them.
- Describe the scope of practice for dental professionals.
- Understand the laws governing oral conscious sedation.
- Describe the license renewal and requirements in the state of California.
- Recognize the prescription writing and controlled substances dispensing regulations and CURES.
- Identify violations of the Dental Practice Act and Board’s discipline options.
- Understand what actions are considered to be ‘Unprofessional Conduct.’
- Understand the reporting of abuse and neglect in children and adults.
- Learn the most recent changes in laws that affect the way you practice.
- Review principles of dental ethics & how to apply them.
Contact Hours : 2 hours
Fee: $20 /Participant
Author: Dr. Thomas Karginis, DMD, General Dentist practicing over 25 years.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 555 – Dental Jurisprudence/Ethics (Practice Management) California Dental Practice Act
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course. Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.