This course is designed to provide an overview of the care and management of the patient with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome with emphasis on anatomy of carpal tunnel syndrome, causes, onset, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, therapy options and prevention strategies.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of the carpal tunnel,
- Discuss the mechanisms of injury associated with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Explain the clinical manifestations, and diagnostic testing procedures of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Discuss the causes and risk factors of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Explain treatment options and outcomes for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Explain the measures that may be taken by individuals, employers, and healthcare professionals to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Discuss the role of physical therapy and occupational therapy in rehabilitation of the hand
- Describe alternative treatment methods.
Author: Christine Church , M.S., OTR/L, Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours: 3 Hours (AOTA CEUs—0.3)
Cost: $20 / Participant
Educational Level: Intermediate
AOTA Classification Codes: Category 1 – OT Service Delivery
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: OTs, OTAs, PTs, PTAs, and Other Health Professionals
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC , you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 9837. This distance learning-independent is offered at 0.3 CEUs, Intermediate, Category 1 – OT Service Delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply the endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
The current term of approval extends from 6/21/2017 through 6/30/2025. Provider ID: 9837.
There are 38 States Currently Recognize AOTA Approved Providers (Click Here) either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA:Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NBCOT.