Lower back pain is a common cause for visits to the doctor. Low back pain is one of the most common disorders in the United States. About 80 percent of people have at least one episode of low back pain during their lifetime. The goal of this low back pain continuing education program is to help physical therapists screen patients effectively and efficiently for possible pathological conditions and nonorganic-related causes for low back pain, determine the sources of patient symptoms and improve the physical therapist’s decision-making ability regarding an appropriate plan of care.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn (learning objectives):
- The etiology and risk factors of low back pain.
- The clinical evaluation, diagnosis and pathophysiology of low back pain.
- The different treatment options for chronic low back pain.
- Understand the role of physiotherapy in treating low back pain.
- Patient education and life style modifications which addresses impairments of body function, activity limitations and participation restrictions.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to list (behavioral objectives):
- The five sites in the back from where pain originates.
- The nine conditions known for causing pain other than injury or trauma to the back.
- The eight common causes for low back pain.
- The four differential diagnosis of low back pain.
- The sixteen warning signals suggestive of likelihood of an underlying systemic disorder.
- The seven symptoms suggesting non-organic causes of back pain.
- The eight diagnostic methods to confirm the cause of low back pain.
- The nine treatment methods to treat low back pain.
- The eight non-conventional treatments for low back pain.
- The five surgical treatments for low back pain.
- The two common forms of physical therapy exercises is to abolish pain and restore normal function.
- The three components of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to help people identify and develop skills to change negative thoughts and behaviors.
Author: Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours : 3 Hours / 3 PDR
Cost: $20 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here