Clean facilities, proper practitioner hygiene, procedures to ensure client safety, and disease prevention protocols have long been a cornerstone of professional massage and bodywork practice. The outbreak and rapid spread of coronavirus 19 (COVID-19) highlights the need for renewed attention and increased vigilance in these areas as states lift stay-at-home orders (also called stay-in-place orders) and massage and bodywork practitioners return to practice. The intent of this course is to provide a resource to massage and bodywork professionals in order to support public protection. Upon completion of this course (Client Safety and Disease Prevention During COVID-19), you will be able to learn:
- Describe the transmission of COVID-19.
- List the cleaning and disinfecting products approved to use in massage therapy settings to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Discuss the cleaning and disinfection methods used in different areas of a massage facility to reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
- Review the policies and procedures aim to decrease health risks while COVID-19 is present in communities.
- List proper practitioner hygiene practices to reduce the spread of infectious pathogens in massage therapy settings.
Contact Hours : 1 Hour
Method of Instruction: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Format: Non-Interactive
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $10 / Participant
NCBTMB CEUs: 0.5 – Category: General