This continuing education course is developed to provide the most current information on controlled substances which are federally regulated. The course (Controlled Substances : Safe and Effective Prescribing) will help healthcare professionals understand the proper use of controlled substances, the risks associated with controlled substances and how to safely and effectively prescribe these medications.
Upon completion of this course (Controlled Substances: Safe and Effective Prescribing), you will be able to learn:
- The controlled substances and their schedules, their purposes and risk for a substance use and addiction disorder.
- The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act – The laws pertaining to the prescribing of controlled substances, including the medication schedules, prescription filling rules, and registration requirements.
- The substance use and addiction disorder – prescription drug abuse, misuse, addiction, and diversion, including their recognition, risk factors, and prevention.
- The prevalence of controlled substance & prescription substance use and addiction.
- The steps in the evaluation of the patient with chronic pain requiring the use of controlled substances.
- The steps to take to ensure safe and effective prescribing of controlled substances, including professional documentation, patient-provider agreements, and informed consent.
Author: Steven Leonard-Johnson, RN, PhD
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Cost: $15 / Participant
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.
Mandatory For: Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia