The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of the most up-to-date science available regarding epidemiology, virology, transmission, prevention, the latest information on the SARS-CoV-2 variants, how the variants evolve and evade the immune system, clinical manifestations, disease severity, and evidence-based treatment approaches for patients with COVID-19, as well as a summary of the COVID-19 vaccines.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the basic pathophysiology of COVID-19, as well as risk factors, signs, and symptoms.
- Define how COVID-19 is transmitted
- Discuss the prevention methods currently recommended and proven to be effective, and who is at the highest risk of contracting COVID or struggling to recover from the virus.
- Describe the current diagnostic process for COVID-19, including an update on real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) testing as well as point-of-care (POC) and antibody testing.
- Understand the cytokine storm associated with severe COVID‑19 disease presentation.
- Develop a clear picture of how this pandemic is affecting pediatric patients, including a brief overview of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C).
- Discuss the most effective treatment options that have been developed in the treatment of COVID-19.
- Summarize the current knowledge regarding treatments and vaccines.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Course Fee: $10 / Participant
Author: Desiree Reinken, RN, BSN, MSN, NP-C
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education and state mandated compliance training for healthcare (Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Body Art Professionals), and non-healthcare professionals needing to fulfill their mandatory training and continuing education hours to obtain or maintain state/local license. Please visit our approval sections (Click Here) for the full list of approvals across all disciplines.