Dentistry keeps on changing, especially on account of the advances in clinical dentistry, materials and innovation. This course (Current Concepts in Preventive Oral Health and Dentistry) provides current information on sealant application, fluoride application, means to control plaque at home, proper brushing techniques, prevention of oral cancers and usage of safety devices.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify bacteria most often associated with dental caries.
- Explain about the caries risk assessment and prevention.
- Explain the patients about toothbrushes and tooth brushing techniques.
- Identify the correct tooth brushing technique for the individual patient.
- Educate the patient about flossing methods and its advantages.
- Determine on an individual basis if a patient needs a professional fluoride application.
- Identify the types of professional fluoride and their application.
- Educate the patient about diet and cariogenic food.
- Sealant placement, their role in preventive dentistry.
- Explain the patient about oral cancer and its management as well as educate the patient about oral hygiene when diagnosed with cancer and precancerous lesions.
- Identify which types of jaw fractures are more common.
- Identify which type of crown and root fractures are more common.
- Describe the treatment necessary when an emergency occurs with primary teeth.
- Describe the treatment necessary when an emergency occurs with permanent teeth.
- Identify the system diseases and other diseases patient is at risk of developing due to poor oral hygiene.
Contact Hours : 2 (Two)
Fee: $20 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Authors: Dr. Ritika Agrawal MDS (OMFS), FHNSO. Dr. Agrawal is a comprehensive oral and maxillofacial surgeon currently practicing in Michigan area. Dr. Agrawal is dedicated to his patients comfort and focuses on achieving long lasting solutions pertaining to their overall oral health and wellbeing.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 257 – Caries Detection and Prevention (Operative Dent) – Current Concepts in Preventive Oral Health and Dentistry
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
AGD PACE Approval: Biologix Solutions LLC is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership, and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 5/1/2013 to 4/30/2021. Provider ID: 352738.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.