The purpose of this course is to review the current literature on deQuervain’s tendonitis (DQT) with emphasis on specific interventions using appropriate outcome measures. This course focuses on the prevalence, incidence, histopathology, causes, risk factors, diagnosis, evaluations and appropriate treatment / therapeutic interventions for patients with DQT.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to :
- Define de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Describe causes and risk factors associated with de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Discuss the anatomy involved in de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Describe signs and symptoms of de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Discuss common diagnostic tools and test used for de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Discuss other considerations / differential diagnosis to be ruled out as symptomology may be confused with de Quervain’s.
- Describe appropriate outcome measures when evaluating de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Discuss holistic approach when assessing a patient with de Quervain’s tenosynovitis.
- Discuss assessments and approaches used when evaluating a person with de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Discuss appropriate treatment options for intervening with de Quervain’s tenosynovitis
Author: Dianna Lunsford OTD M.Ed. OTR/L CHT
Contact Hours : 3.00 Hours (AOTA CEUs—0.3)
Audience: This course is designed for OTs, OTAs, PTs, PTAs and other healthcare professionals
AOTA Classification Codes: Category 2—Occupational Therapy Process
Educational Level: Intermediate
Cost: $25 / Participant
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Other Health Professionals
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC , you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
The assignment of American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) CEU’s does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition. The current term of approval extends from 6/21/2017 through 6/30/2021. Provider ID: 9837. Approval
There are 33 States Currently Recognize AOTA Approved Providers (Click Here) either in regulatory language or by formal written communication to AOTA: Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and NBCOT