The number of geriatric patients seeking dental service is ever-rising because of increased life expectancy, also with problem of increased chronic medical conditions. One of them are patients on antiplatelets medication. Bleeding risk after minor oral surgery by antiplatelets agents is of concerns to dentists on dental management of these patients. Risk and benefit of the antiplatelets agents must be weighed before initiating dental procedures, which should be established as a treatment guideline. Purpose of the course is to optimize the management of the dental patients on antiplatelets medication via standardization of treatment protocol of such a patient.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the various classes of antiplatelets
- Discuss the pharmacology of the antiplatelet agents
- Outline the structure of the platelets
- List the functions of platelets
- Describe the process of clotting
- Outline how antiplatelet drugs are associated with bleeding risks
- Explain how to prevent and control bleeding when using antiplatelets
- Discuss bleeding complications associated with antiplatelet agents
- Discuss the medical/dental management strategies for patients taking antiplatelets.
- Discuss treatment plans (assessment, diagnosis, plan, implementation and evaluation) that provide safety and comfort for managing patients with bleeding disorders in the dental environment.
Contact Hours : 5 (Five)
Course Fee: $45
Author: Jassin M. Jouria, Jr., MD (Emergency Room physician for low to moderate volume critical access hospital’s emergency department.)
AGD PACE Subject Code: 750 – Dentistry for the medically compromised
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.