Dental records are a significant component of completing the patient’s standard of care. Dental records have evolved significantly due to federal laws and technological advancements. The record has transformed to an electronic record that must be effectively maintained, properly retained and ultimately protected on the behalf of the patient.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between a paperless and a chartless practice.
- Identify the owner of the dental record.
- Discuss proper way of making entries in the patient records
- Describe basic focuses of the four HIPAA standards.
- Justify the importance of keeping original patient records.
- Discuss the documentation of clinical components of the dental record.
- List the differences between vital, important, useful and non-essential documents.
- Outline necessary documents for a complete patient dental record.
- Describe how to correct an incorrect charting entry.
- Discuss the proper storage and organization of patient records
- Discuss the regulations regarding the retention of records
- Discuss the information typically required to be noted in the dental record.
- Discuss dentists’ obligation to protect the patient’s privacy and personal health and financial information.
Contact Hours : 2 (Two) Hours
Fee: $20 / Participant
Authors: Vicki Williams, BS, RDH
AGD PACE Subject Code: 565 Documentation and Risk Management
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.