Dentin hypersensitivity is a common clinical condition that is frequently encountered yet it is often under-reported by patients, or misdiagnosed by clinicians. This course will address the etiology, prevalence and diagnosis of dentinal hypersensitivity as well as review clinical evidence behind common treatments.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and common contributing factors of dentin hypersensitivity.
- Explain Pathophysiology and the hydrodynamic theory as the cause for dentin sensitivity.
- Discuss the clinical presentation, examination and testing for differentiating dentin hypersensitivity from other causes of hypersensitivity.
- Discuss common diagnostic tools.
- List common ingredients used in at-home and in-office desensitizing products.
- Discuss the mode of action of common ingredients.
- Discuss the clinical evidence behind common treatment approaches including in-office treatments.
Contact Hours : 2 (Two) Hours
Fee: $20 / Participant
Authors: Dr. Robert Vaughn, DDS
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.