This course is designed as a handy, concise, quick reference guide for Physical and Occupational therapists to perform systemic differential diagnosis on the patients suffering from neck and shoulder pain. This will provide the tools to determine the scope of therapy or the need of referring the patient to appropriate medical providers. Thus, saving time and resources by identifying the red flags. This course is informative and to the point providing the resources that can be used in clinical practice the next day. It will enhance the therapists evaluation skills and assessment techniques.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze the need for differential diagnosis.
- Identify the systemic causes for shoulder pain.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving for complex musculoskeletal diagnosis.
- Utilize the knowledge of systemic differential diagnosis in identifying red flags.
- Review systemic causes – CVS, CRPS, Renal, GI, Liver, Rheumatic, Infection, Oncologic, and Gynecology.
- Apply criteria for physician referral.
- Perform the system assessment and special questions.
- Perform the special tests of the shoulder pain.
- Identify differential diagnosis of shoulder pain.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours / 3 PDR
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study with Post-Test
Target Audience: Physical Therapists Physical Therapy Assistants Occupational Therapists Occupational Therapy Assistants Nursing Professionals
Course Fee: $35 / Participant Author: Dr. Rina Pandya PT DPT, has an extensive physical therapy career that spans over 20 years, through the UK, the USA and the Middle East. She has worked in NHS (National Health Service), American health care providing PT services in acute care, in-patient rehab, skilled nursing facility, home healthcare and outpatient clinic. In addition to being a clinician she has developed specialty programs based on evidence-based practice in her role as a project manager. She has also managed a Physical Therapy department as Department Head in premier private hospital in Oman. Rina graduated from Manipal University, India in 2000 as well as University of Michigan, in 2018 with a Doctor of Physical Therapy. She has also been an educator and has been presenting live seminars both nationally and internationally. Rina is a member of the APTA, HCPC-UK and OAP-Oman.
Course completion: CE certificate will be emailed within 24 hours of test completion.
Electronic Reporting: Within 24 hours (if applicable)
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here