In the United States, drug induced liver injury (DILI) is the most common cause of acute liver failure. It can occur due to ingestion of any therapeutic drug, herbal product, or xenobiotic. The goal of this continuing education program is to provide pharmacists and other healthcare providers in a variety of practice settings with a comprehensive update on current management issues relating to the prevention and treatment of drug-induced liver injury/toxicity.
Upon completion of this course, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Review the morbidity/mortality due to drug related liver injury (DILI)
- Identify common drugs known to damage the liver
- Identify the risk factors for DILI
- Review the pathophysiology and mechanisms of DILI
- Describe the stages of drug metabolism
- Review factors influencing drug metabolism
- Review the cellular mechanisms of hepatotoxicity
- Discuss drug toxicity mechanisms
- Describe the clinical presentation of DILI
- List common clinical tools and diagnostics used in diagnosis of DILI
- Differentiate between DILI and Non-DILI and causes of non-DILI
- Discuss treatments for both DILI and Non-DILI
- Discuss prevention strategies for patients and caregivers.
Authors: Jennifer Gershman, Pharm D
Contact Hours: 3 Hours
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $10 / Participant
Course No: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-19-105-H01-P Technicians: 0384-9999-19-105-H01-T
Release Date: 3/29/19 Expiration Date: 3/29/22
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Mr. Phillip has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.