Dry needling is a musculoskeletal treatment technique that involves the insertion of needles into tender points in the body. Recently, there has been a drastic upward shift in its usage, with a corresponding increase in the number of dry needling certification programs and continuing education courses.
This course will begin with the history of dry needling, including a review of the prevailing models that exist. We will investigate what the current evidence states concerning adverse events, localized twitch responses, the use of electrical stimulation, and the specific techniques used. We will also review recent high-quality studies concerning the effectiveness of dry needling with various musculoskeletal conditions including neck pain, headaches, low back pain, subacromial pain syndrome, lateral epicondylalgia, patellofemoral pain syndrome, knee osteoarthritis, and plantar fasciitis.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Discuss the origins of dry needling.
- Describe the differences between dry needling and acupuncture.
- List the contraindications and risk factors for dry needling.
- Apply the most recent evidence on the use of dry needling in conditions of the cervical spine.
- Apply the most recent evidence on the use of dry needling in conditions of the lumbar spine.
- Apply the most recent evidence on the use of dry needling in conditions of the upper extremity.
- Apply the most recent evidence on the use of dry needling in conditions of the lower extremity.
Author: Tom Weber, PT, DPT, OCS
Contact Hours : 4 Hours / 4 PDR
Cost: $25 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here