This course provides an overview of the human body’s autonomic nervous system, including the sympathetic, parasympathetic, and enteric nervous systems. The course examines the mechanisms, signs, symptoms, causes, and evaluation of dysautonomia. Multidisciplinary guidelines and therapeutic approaches in caring for patients with dysautonomia is also presented. Symptoms, effects, and treatment options of different pathophysiological disorders associated with dysautonomia are also reviewed.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Describe the structure and function of the autonomic nervous system.
- Understand and relate the differences between sympathetic, parasympathetic, and enteric nervous systems.
- Explain what the autonomic nervous system controls.
- Discuss the pathophysiology and causes of dysautonomia.
- Discuss the definition of dysautonomia and other related medical conditions.
- List symptoms of dysautonomia.
- Discuss the mechanisms, signs, symptoms, causes, and evaluation of orthostatic hypotension.
- Discuss the mechanisms, signs, symptoms, causes, and evaluation of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS).
- Discuss the mechanisms, signs, symptoms, causes, and evaluation of neurocardiogenic syncope (NCS).
- Discuss the mechanisms, signs, symptoms, causes, and evaluation of Multiple System Atrophy (MSA).
- Discuss the mechanisms, signs, symptoms, causes, and evaluation of Guillain-Barre syndrome.
- Discuss the mechanisms, signs, symptoms, causes, and evaluation of Familial Dysautonomia.
- Describe treatment guidelines for dysautonomia.
- List nursing processes in caring for patients with dysautonomia
- List physical therapy considerations when caring for patients with dysautonomia.
- Identify ways to diagnose dysautonomia.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Course Fee: $10 / Participant
Author: Desiree Jassin M. Jouria, Jr., MD
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.