Knowledge about the impact of electronic cigarettes and vaping in healthcare community is limited. This continuing education course will provide an overview of e-cigarette and vaping use among adults and youth, components and mechanism of vaping devices, current FDA’s comprehensive plan for tobacco and nicotine regulation, illicit drugs that can be smoked out of e-cigarettes and the dental professional’s role in education and recommendations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) or “e-cigarettes, and Vapes.
- Understand the components and mechanism of vaping devices.
- Identify the toxic chemicals and metals in to “e-cigarettes”, and vapes.
- Discuss the prevalence and trends of e-cigarette use among adults and youth.
- Understand FDA’s comprehensive plan for tobacco and nicotine regulation.
- Discuss the health effects of vaping
- Discuss the outbreak of lung injury associated with the use of e-cigarette, or vaping, products (EVALI)
- Discuss the illicit drugs that can be smoked out of e-cigarettes – the dark side of vaping.
- Recognize the dental professional’s role in appropriate patient education and recommendations.
Contact Hours : 2 (Two)
Fee: $20 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Author: Stephen Lau, DDS, General Dentist practicing over 25 years.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 158 – Tobacco Cessation
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.