The purpose of “Ethics and Professional Responsibility” course is to provide physical therapists and physical therapist assistants with a theoretical basis for ethical decision-making and knowledge in the Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), legal standards of behavior, and application of ethical and legal standards to real-life situations.
Upon completion of Ethics and Professional Responsibility course, you will be able to learn:
- Discuss ethical and legal concepts important to the profession of physical therapy.
- Articulate the basis and sources of law in the United States.
- Distinguish between civil and criminal law as they apply to physical therapy.
- Review the State Board of Physical Therapy’s Rules and Regulations governing PTs & PTAs.
- Review the State Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- The American Physical Therapy Association’s (APTA) Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct of Physical Therapists.
- The American Physical Therapy Association’s (APTA) Guide for Conduct of Physical Therapist Assistants and Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Apply ethical and legal standards to the practice of physical therapy.
- Review the rules and regulations of the State Physical Therapy Practice Act
Author: Elizabeth Anderson, PT, MPH
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Cost: $20 / Participant
Mandatory For: Illinois, Mississippi
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here
Fulfills Mandatory Ethics and Professional Responsibility Requirements for the Following States:
Illinois: Ethics: 3 hours/2 years
Mississippi: Ethics or Jurisprudence: 3 hours/2 years
Oklahoma: Ethics: 3 hours/2 years
Utah: Ethics or Jurisprudence: 3 hours/2 years