Ethics in Massage Therapy course focuses on defining and applying massage therapy ethical principles. Information presented includes sections on the theoretical basis for ethical decision-making, the Massage Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, and legal standards of behavior. This course meets the requirements of Florida statute F64B7-28.009(3)(b) and is approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
Upon completion of this course (Ethics In Massage Therapy), you will be able to learn:
- Define the principles of professional ethics.
- Define AMTA and NCBTMB code of ethics and standards of practice.
- Apply a systemic approach to ethical decision-making.
- List ways a practitioner might work outside his or her scope of practice.
- Define the parameters of informed consent.
- Differentiate between appropriate and inappropriate relationships.
- Define the parameters of conflict of interest.
- Define the principles of patient confidentiality.
- Describe the nature of the fiduciary role.
- Explain the risks of dual or multiple role relationships between practitioner and client.
- Explain the relationship between patient autonomy and agreements, including the client’s bill of rights, informed consent, and right to refuse treatment.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Method of Instruction: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Format: Non-Interactive
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $10 / Participant
Florida Massage Therapy Boards’ Mandatory Professional Ethics CE Requirement (Click Here): This course is required by rule 64B7-28.009(2)(c), F.A.C..
Florida Board of Massage Therapy Approved (CE Broker # 50-20979, Tracking # 20-756251)
CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours.