The Fentanyl and Opioid Overdose Prevention course encompasses various aspects of opioid use and addiction. This course discusses the types of opioids, with a heavy focus on Fentanyl. It also discusses signs and symptoms of use and abuse, and addiction. This course reviews treatment and intervention strategies for treating and preventing an overdose. It will help inform providers, patients, and loved ones about how to help patients who are addicted manage their diagnosis and assist in overdose prevention.
Upon completion of this course, participant will be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence of opioid overdose in the united states.
- Describe types of medication misuse and abuse that occur in patients and non-patients.
- Outline common risk factors for opioid use disorder.
- Discuss common prescription opioids, tranquilizers, stimulants, and sedatives used to relieve pain.
- Discuss the illegal use of synthetic opioids, including fentanyl, involved in drug overdose deaths in the united states.
- Discuss fentanyl addiction and risk factors for fentanyl and other opioid overdoses.
- Identify signs and symptoms of opioid overuse.
- Identify signs and symptoms of opioid and fentanyl overdose or toxicity.
- Discuss the fentanyl and opioid overdose treatment and evaluate the use of Narcan.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Course Fee: $15 / Participant
Author: Desiree Reinken, RN, BSN, MSN, NP-C
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education and state mandated compliance training for healthcare (Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Body Art Professionals), and non-healthcare professionals needing to fulfill their mandatory training and continuing education hours to obtain or maintain state/local license. Please visit our approval sections (Click Here) for the full list of approvals across all disciplines.