This online independent study covers care for victims of domestic violence (DV), health effects on adult and child victims, legal remedies for protection, lethality and risk issues, available community resources and victim services, and reporting requirements in Florida.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Burden of Domestic Violence in United States and Florida.
- Type of Domestic Violence.
- Discuss the social and healthcare implications of domestic violence.
- Identify the vulnerable populations and risk factors.
- Violence Against Women/Children/Elders.
- Healthcare implications of domestic violence.
- The signs and symptoms of domestic violence.
- Florida’s reporting requirements and legislature for domestic violence.
- Florida’s legislation to strengthened existing statutes to make the definition of domestic violence consistent.
- Importance of documentation.
- Screening, assessment and reporting requirements of victims of DV in Florida.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
CE Broker Course ID: 20-304728
- Florida Board of Dentistry
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Nursing – Certified Nursing Assistants
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Board of Pharmacy
- Florida Office of Dental Laboratories
- Florida Board of Respiratory Care
- Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery
If your licensing board is not listed above, you will not receive course completion credit for the course.
CE Broker Provider ID: 50-12950 / 50-20979
CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours