This online training module (Emergency Preparedness/Bioterrorism Response) has been developed to provide the most current information from the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on diseases and agents most commonly used as chemical, biological, radiologic, and nuclear weapons. Outlines recommendations and best practices and discusses the components and use of the Health Alert Network (HAN).
Upon completion of this course (Emergency Preparedness/Bioterrorism Response), you will be able to:
- Define acts of terrorism/bioterrorism and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
- Identify the major biological threat agents.
- Describe the natural transmission of Category A biological agents.
- Describe clinical presentations of Category A biological agents.
- Describe available treatments and prophylaxis options
- Identify the conditions and agents most commonly used as chemical, radiologic, and nuclear weapons.
- Summarize the clinical features and treatment of acute radiation exposure.
- Define the epidemiologic clues to, and symptoms of a chemical release, along with appropriate first-receiver actions.
- List the CDC recommendations for responding to an incident of bioterrorism and identify best practices for hospitals faced with a bioterrorism event.
- Explain the use of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure and State/National Health Alert Network (HAN).
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Course Format: Online Independent Self-study Course.
Certificate: Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Florida MQA Approvals: Florida Board of Nursing, Florida Board of Dentistry, Florida Board of Pharmacy, Florida Board of Occupational Therapy, Florida Board of Physical Therapy, and MQA Boards/Councils. CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours.
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.