This course is designed to equip Florida professionals with a comprehensive overview and refresh of information involving HIV/AIDS. The course covers HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology, transmission & infection control, testing & counseling, and clinical manifestations & treatment and Florida laws and regulations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn :
- The epidemiology and incidence of HIV/AIDS in Florida.
- Various modes of transmission of HIV.
- Explain the confidentiality and testing-related requirements of the Florida Omnibus AIDS Act.
- The issues in HIV/AIDS prevention and risk reduction
- The clinical management and treatment of HIV/AIDS
- The management of co-existing infections with HIV/AIDS
- Psychosocial issues and post test counseling
Contact Hours : 3 Hour
CE Broker Course ID: 20-304726 (We automatically report registered course completions to CE Broker system within 24 hours of completion)
Approved By The Following Boards / Councils:
- Florida Board of Dentistry
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Nursing – Certified Nursing Assistants
- Florida Office of Dental Laboratories
- Florida Board of Acupuncture
- Florida Board of Athletic Training
- Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Florida Board of Massage Therapy
- Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice
- Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Florida Board of Respiratory Care
- Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery
- Florida Council of Medical Physicists
- Florida Electrolysis Council
- Florida Emergency Medical Services
If your licensing board is not listed above, you will not receive course completion credit for the course. CE Broker Provider ID: 50-12950 / 50-20979 CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours