Florida HIV – AIDS for Healthcare Professionals course is designed to equip Florida professionals with a comprehensive overview and refresh of information involving HIV/AIDS. The course covers HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology, transmission & infection control, testing & counseling, and clinical manifestations & treatment and Florida laws and regulations.
Upon completion of this course (Florida HIV – AIDS for Healthcare Professionals), you will be able to:
- Discuss the epidemiology of the HIV/AIDS (Global, United States and Florida)
- List various modes of transmission of HIV.
- List the types of HIV testing available.
- Review the confidentiality and testing-related requirements of the Florida Omnibus AIDS Act.
- Discuss protocols for healthcare workers exposed to blood
- Discuss issues in HIV/AIDS prevention and risk reduction
- Summarize the clinical management and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Discuss five major classes of drugs are used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- Summarize HIV prevention strategies, including behavioral change.
Contact Hours : 2 Hour
CE Broker Course ID: 20-304725 (We automatically report registered course completions to CE Broker system within 24 hours of completion)
- Florida Board of Dentistry
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Nursing – Certified Nursing Assistants
- Florida Office of Dental Laboratories
- Florida Board of Acupuncture
- Florida Board of Athletic Training
- Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Florida Board of Massage Therapy
- Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice
- Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Florida Board of Respiratory Care
- Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery
- Florida Council of Medical Physicists
- Florida Electrolysis Council
- Florida Emergency Medical Services
If your licensing board is not listed above, you will not receive course completion credit for the course.
CE Broker Provider ID: 50-12950
CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours Please visit Board’s website for most current information / continuing education requirements.
Board of Dentistry’s Dental Continuing Education Requirements: Click Here
Board of Nursing – Continuing Education for License Renewal – Click Here
Physical Therapy Board – Continuing Education Requirements – Click Here
Occupational Therapy Board – Continuing Education Requirements – Click Here
Board of Pharmacy – Continuing Education Requirements – Click Here