This course is designed to equip Florida professionals with a comprehensive overview and refresh of information involving HIV/AIDS. The course covers HIV/AIDS etiology and epidemiology, transmission & infection control, testing & counseling, and clinical manifestations & treatment and Florida laws and regulations.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn :
- The epidemiology and incidence of HIV/AIDS in Florida.
- Various modes of transmission of HIV.
- Explain the confidentiality and testing-related requirements of the Florida Omnibus AIDS Act.
- The issues in HIV/AIDS prevention and risk reduction
- The clinical management and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
Contact Hours : 1 Hour
CE Broker Course ID: 20-351270 / 20-608513 Approved By The Following Boards / Councils:
- Florida Board of Dentistry
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Nursing – Certified Nursing Assistants
- Florida Board of Pharmacy
- Florida Office of Dental Laboratories
- Florida Board of Acupuncture
- Florida Board of Athletic Training
- Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Florida Board of Massage Therapy (20-608513)
- Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice (20-608513)
- Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine
- Florida Board of Respiratory Care
- Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
- Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery
- Florida Council of Medical Physicists
- Florida Electrolysis Council
- Florida Emergency Medical Services
If your licensing board is not listed above, you will not receive course completion credit for the course.
CE Broker Provider ID: 50-12950 / 50-20979
CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours
Florida Mandated CE – Florida Boards/Councils Acceptance (MQA): Some Florida mandated courses are accepted complimentary by other Boards/Councils to fulfill mandatory and non-mandatory continuing education requirements. Please click on Boards/Councils/Complimentary Boards Approval list associated with individual course before purchasing the course to ensure that the course is approved for board/council that you are licensed with. If you are still not sure about acceptance of particular course by your licensing board/council, we strongly encourage you to contact us or call CEBroker to see if the course is approved for your licensing board/council. Please visit Board’s website for most current information / continuing education requirements.
Board of Dentistry’s Dental Continuing Education Requirements: Click Here
Board of Nursing – Continuing Education for License Renewal – Click Here
Physical Therapy Board – Continuing Education Requirements – Click Here
Occupational Therapy Board – Continuing Education Requirements – Click Here
Board of Pharmacy – Continuing Education Requirements – Click Here