Florida Human Trafficking Mandatory course will provide a basic overview of human trafficking (e.g., the scope, definitions and frameworks, contributing factors, different forms). The course will attempt to provide practitioners a glimpse of the lives of human trafficking victims, including physical, psychological, social, and sexual abuse that human trafficking victims experience and the types of control tactics perpetrators use. Specific interventions and responses will be covered, including mental health, social services, educational, prevention, and legal efforts.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Define human trafficking.
- Identify the forms of human trafficking.
- Recognize factors associated with greater risk of being a victim of human trafficking.
- Identify indicators that contribute to human trafficking.
- Identify risk factors and behavioral indicators for labor trafficking.
- Identify risk factors and behavioral indicators for sex trafficking.
- Identify a victim of human trafficking in a healthcare setting.
- Explain the psychological, health, and social consequences of human trafficking.
- Interviewing strategies to assess and identify victims and promote the ethical treatment of trafficking victims.
- Describes procedures for sharing information related to human trafficking with a patient.
- Describe various educational, prevention, mental health, legal, social services interventions and recourses targeted to human trafficking victims.
- How to report victims/cases of human trafficking.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours (Human Trafficking Continuing Education)
Author: Carroll Mulry, Ph.D.
Method of Instruction: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Format: Non-Interactive
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email.
Cost: $15 / Participant
Florida Human Trafficking Mandatory Course – Approved for the following Boards/Councils Only:
Florida Board of Nursing (CE Broker #: 50-12950, Tracking #: 20-735564)
Florida Board of Dentistry (CE Broker #: 50-12950, Tracking #: 20-735564)
Florida Board of Pharmacy (CE Broker #: 50-12950, Tracking #: 20-735564)
Florida Board of Occupational Therapy (CE Broker #: 50-12950, Tracking #: 20-735564)
Florida Board of Physical Therapy (CE Broker # 50-20979, Tracking # 20-696768)
Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (CE Broker #: 50-12950, Tracking Number: 20-735564)
Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery (CE Broker #: 50-12950, Tracking Number: 20-735564)
CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours (Usually within few hours of completion)
If your board is NOT listed above, we will not be able to post credit to CEBroker.
CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours