This online training module has been developed to provide the most current information on Florida Nursing Law. This course meets the requirement for mandatory continuing education, both for initial licensure and biennial renewal, for nurses in Florida.
Upon completion of this course (Florida Nursing Law), you will be able to:
- Apply the components of the Florida State Nurse Practice Act into one’s role and responsibilities.
- Differentiate among the legally permissible roles of the registered nurse, the licensed practical nurse and unlicensed staff, such as nursing assistants and patient care technicians.
- Discuss the composition of and the roles associated with the Florida Board of Nursing.
- Relate some of Florida’s statutes and nursing rules associated with licensure, license renewal, continuing education, disciplinary actions, the CNA Council, and some initiatives, such as the Florida State Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, Florida Center for Nursing and the Intervention Project for Nurses (IPN).
- Apply basic legal principles to documentation and official records.
- Apply basic legal principles to delegation and supervision.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
CE Broker Course ID: 20-310638 (We automatically report to the CE Broker system)
Approved For The Following Professionals:
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is an accredited provider of continuing education by Florida Board of Nursing.
CE Broker Provider ID: 50-12950
CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours