This online independent study course (Florida Occupational Therapy Law and Rules) is approved by the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy. This online training module has been developed to provide the most current information on Florida Occupational Therapy Laws & Rules. This course meets the mandatory requirement for initial licensure and biennial renewal, for occupational therapy professionals in Florida.
Upon completion of this course (Florida Occupational Therapy Law and Rules), you will be able to:
- Identify the theoretical basis for ethical / legal decision-making.
- Recognize legal standards of behavior as defined by their state practice act and Board rules. (Chapters 456, 468 Part III, and 381.026 of F.S. and 64B11, F.A.C.)
- Analyze and interpret hypothetical situations to determine legal behavior.
- Recognize the basic rights of the patient.
- Recognize the legal and ethical considerations of billing and coding.
- Recognize legal implications of “conflict of interest”.
- Identify and practice appropriate relationships in the rehabilitation setting.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Course Format: Online Independent Study Course (Requires Computer and Internet Connection)
Course Completion Certificate : Printable (PDF) By Email & Automatic Electronic Reporting.
CEBroker Course ID: 20-381505 (Florida Occupational Therapy Law and Rules – Florida Board of Occupational Therapy Approved Mandatory Course)
CE Broker Reporting: We automatically report registered course completions for Florida licensee to the CE Broker system within 24 hours of course completion.
This Continuing Education Course Is Approved By: Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
CEBroker Provider # : 50-12950
CE Broker Reporting Within 24 Hours