The purpose of this course is to help Florida licenses nurses to improve knowledge of recognizing impairment in the workplace by identifying and support co-workers who may be afflicted with workplace impairment.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identifying predisposing factors, signs and symptoms of impairment in the workplace.
- Interventions to promote safety and provide assistance.
- The essential steps to make a report or referral of impaired healthcare worker.
- Mandatory reporting law, Section 464.018,F.S.
- Treatment programs for impaired practitioners, Section 456.076,F.S
- Discuss available impairment treatment.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
CE Broker Course ID: 20-538007 (We automatically report registered course completions to the CE Broker system within 24 hours of completion)
Course Completion Certificate: PDF—By Email
Approved by Florida Board of Nursing for Registered Nurse Florida, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Licensed Practical Nurse Florida, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Certified Nursing Assistant.
(The new 2 CE requirement for the Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace course becomes effective August 1, 2017, then every other biennium thereafter.) Must be board approved. Approved courses are listed at cebroker.com. 2-hour course completion is required every other renewal.
Florida Board of Nursing – Continuing Education for License Renewal Requirements – Click Here