The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has mandated annual privacy and security training, as well as regular reminders, for all employees of Covered Entities. Biologix Solutions’ engaging HIPAA training can help you and your organization meet this legal requirement, while encouraging an organizational culture in which all employees to understand the importance of compliance.
HIPAA training is mandatory for all employees (healthcare and non-healthcare). It is mandatory for anyone who comes into contact with protected health information (PHI). This includes:
- Clinicians / Physicians
- Dental Healthcare Professionals
- Receptionists & Support Staff
- Health IT Professionals
- EMR Vendors
- Medical Transcription Service Organizations
- Health Care Consultants
- Documentation Technology & Services Providers
- Anyone who provides treatment, claims, payment and operations in healthcare
- Health plans
- Insurance Companies
- Employees/interns of Contractors & Vendors.
This program explains the HIPAA regulations pertaining to the privacy and security of personal healthcare information. The topics covered in the program include:
- An overview of the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Covered entities
- Covered transactions
- Protected health information (PHI)
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Other Uses of PHI
- Administrative safeguards
- Compliance and enforcement
Format: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email.
The training course is designed to take about an hour to complete and is available for use at any time from any computer with a web browser and an Internet connection. No special hardware or software is required.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.