This online independent study course (HIV-AIDS for Pharmacy Professionals) provides overview of HIV infection, its cause and mechanism, modes of transmission and infection control procedures. Presents the basic components of HIV antibody testing and confirmation and includes clinical management of HIV patients. Summarizes the main components of the Florida Omnibus AIDS Act.
Upon completion of this course, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence of HIV/AIDS in Florida.
- List various modes of transmission of HIV.
- List the types of HIV testing available.
- Review the confidentiality and testing-related requirements of the Florida Omnibus AIDS Act.
- Discuss protocols for healthcare workers exposed to blood
- Discuss issues in HIV/AIDS prevention and risk reduction
- Summarize the clinical management and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Discuss five major classes of drugs are used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- Summarize HIV prevention strategies, including behavioral change.
Authors: Alpesh Patel, MBBS, MPH, CERC, CPHA
Contact Hours: 1 Hour (CE Broker Tracking #: 20-351270)
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $10 / Participant
Course No: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-19-002-H02-P Technicians: 0384-9999-19-002-H02-T
Release Date: 1/1/2019 Expiration Date: 12/31/2022
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Mr. Phillip has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
HIV-AIDS for Pharmacy Professionals (Mandatory) For: District of Columbia, Florida