Human trafficking has become a growing social concern worldwide. Despite efforts to prevent it, human trafficking is an abuse that affects all age groups, genders, and ethnicities. Health professionals are increasingly required to be aware of the problem of human trafficking, to recognize it and to know how to intervene. This course covers the information, tools, and resources for the healthcare team to identify, assess, and treat victims of human trafficking, and provides referral resources for legal and social services.
Upon completion of this course (Human Trafficking), participants will be able to:
- Define human trafficking.
- Identify the forms of human trafficking.
- Recognize factors associated with greater risk of being a victim of human trafficking.
- Identify indicators that contribute to human trafficking.
- Identify risk factors and behavioral indicators for labor trafficking.
- Identify risk factors and behavioral indicators for sex trafficking.
- Identify a victim of human trafficking in a healthcare setting.
- Explain the psychological, health, and social consequences of human trafficking.
- Interviewing strategies to assess and identify victims and promote the ethical treatment of trafficking victims.
- Describes procedures for sharing information related to human trafficking with a patient.
- Describe various educational, prevention, mental health, legal, and social services interventions and responses targeted to human trafficking victims.
- Appropriately report victims of human trafficking.
Authors: Jennifer Gershman, Pharm D
Contact Hours: 2 Hours
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Pharmacists & Pharmacy Technicians
Cost: $15 / Participant
UAN: Pharmacist: 0384-9999-22-110-H99-P Technicians: 0384-9999-22-110-H99-T
Approved By: Texas Health and Human Services Commission (Texas HHSC Approval)
Release Date: 07/29/2022 Expiration Date: 07/29/2025
Course Completion Certificate: A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email. Credit will be reported to CPE monitor within 30 days of completion.
National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education.
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA. Approval
Disclaimers: Mrs. Gershman has no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.