Infection Control and Standard Precautions online training module has been developed to provide the most current information on infection control and standard precautions practices and principles in healthcare settings to minimize the transmission of healthcare associated infections.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss requirements for infection control training.
- Spell out professional responsibilities for monitoring infection control practices and interventions for compliance and safety.
- Explain the chain of infection and describe the way infection control concepts are applied.
- Define engineering controls, work practice controls, and environmental controls and give examples.
- Identify barriers and personal protective equipment (PPE) for protection from exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Explain the importance of reprocessing methods (cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization) to ensure the safety and integrity of patient-care equipment.
- Identify occupational health strategies for preventing the transmission of bloodborne pathogens and other communicable diseases through healthcare workers.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours / 3 PDR
Author: Alpesh Patel, MBBS, MPH, CERC, CPHA
Cost: $20 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here