Infection Control and Standard Precautions online training module has been developed to provide the most current information on infection control and standard precautions practices and principles in healthcare settings to minimize the transmission of healthcare associated infections.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss requirements for infection control training.
- Spell out professional responsibilities for monitoring infection control practices and interventions for compliance and safety.
- Explain the chain of infection and describe the way infection control concepts are applied.
- Define engineering controls, work practice controls, and environmental controls and give examples.
- Identify barriers and personal protective equipment (PPE) for protection from exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Explain the importance of reprocessing methods (cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization) to ensure the safety and integrity of patient-care equipment.
- Identify occupational health strategies for preventing the transmission of blood borne pathogens and other communicable diseases through healthcare workers.
Contact Hours : 3 Hours
Course Fee: $ 15 / Participant
Author: Alpesh Patel, MBBS, MPH, CERC,CPHA
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.