This online independent study module (Infection Control for New York Health Professionals) has been developed in accordance with the NYDOH/ OSHA/CDC guidelines to provide the most current information on infection control practices and principles in healthcare settings to minimize the transmission of healthcare associated infections. The course work is designed by infectious disease epidemiologist whose credentials include over twenty years of experience in hospital infection control.
Upon completion of this course (Infection Control for New York Health Professionals), you will be able to learn following seven core elements Infection Control & Barrier Precautions in depth (2018 NYS Infection Control Training Syllabus):
- Element I: Responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control and to monitor the performance of those for whom the professional is responsible.
- Element II: Modes and mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the healthcare setting and strategies for prevention and control.
- Element III: Use of engineering and work practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient and healthcare worker exposure to contact with potentially infectious material in all healthcare settings for bloodborne pathogens.
- Element IV: Selection and use of barriers and/or personal protective equipment for preventing patient and healthcare worker contact with potentially infectious material.
- Element V: Creation and maintenance of a safe environment for patient care in all healthcare settings through application of infection control principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization.
- Element VI: Prevention and management of infectious or communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
- Element VII: Sepsis Awareness and Education
Contact Hours : 3 (Fulfills NY State Mandatory Requirements)
NYSDOH Provider Number: TP02052
Course Approval: Approved by the New York State Department of Health Course Format : Online Independent Study (Training + Test)
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (PDF) Certificate By Email
Biologix Solutions LLC is a New York State Department of Health Approved Provider: For Physicians, Resident Physicians, Registered Nurses (RN), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Podiatrists, Registered Physician Assistants, Special Assistants, Optometrists, Medical Students, and Physician Assistant Students. Eligible Groups (Employees, Credentialed/Affiliated Professionals, and Community based Providers.)