The purpose of this course is to enable healthcare professionals to recognize and prevent pediatric abusive head trauma (AHT). The purpose of this course is to provide the learner with the knowledge necessary to assess and implement interventions for children with suspected or diagnosed PAHT and their families. This course fulfills Kentucky mandated one-time Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma (Shaken Baby Syndrome) requirement.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the definition and epidemiology of pediatric abusive head trauma.
- Outline the incidence of abusive head trauma in the U.S. and in Kentucky.
- Identify the risk factors, clinical presentation and physical findings of pediatric abusive head trauma in children
- Explain the definitions of abuse, neglect, and physical injury in Kentucky law.
- Discuss the mechanism of injury of pediatric abusive head trauma and the diagnostic workup and prognosis
- Recognize signs and symptoms necessary to diagnose abuse in infants and children, and discuss the process of reporting abuse.
- Discuss the child maltreatment reporting requirements under Kentucky law.
- Describe how healthcare providers as a team can educate families, the public, and other healthcare professionals about pediatric abusive head trauma to help reduce the incidence, morbidity and mortality.
Contact Hours : 2 Hours
Course Fee: $ 10 / Participant
Target Audience: Nursing Healthcare Professionals
Instructional Methods: Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test). A minimum passing score of 70% is required for course completion. A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: Biologix Solutions LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Approved Provider (CEP15746), Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, District of Columbia, West Virginia Board of Nursing Approved Provider (CEBroker 50-12950).
Nursing Continuing Education Courses Approved By Other Board of Nursing are accepted by / satisfies continuing education requirements in following States (Please refer to State Board of Nursing Rules & Regulations for most current requirements and continuing education hours requirements for your profession): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. For specific information, please contact your State Board of Nursing.
Mandatory For: Kentucky