This online independent self-study course (Local Anesthesia in Dental Practice) has been developed for dental settings to provide evidence based information on use of local anesthetics in dental settings. This course will teach the clinician how to administer an effective, safe local anesthesia. The course work is designed by general dentist with over 25 years of experience in general dentistry.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Briefly describe the historical background of local anesthesia for use in dental procedures.
- Be familiar with the anatomy of the oral cavity and the methods for administering local anesthesia.
- Understand the importance of a patient’s medical history.
- List the local anesthetics commonly used in dentistry.
- Explain the action of local anesthetic drugs on nerves. Describe different techniques of local anesthetic administration, and what teeth are effected by each injection.
- Identify the toxicity level for all anesthetic medications used.
- Identify symptoms of complications that may result from administration of local anesthesia and the treatment for each.
- Understand the rationale behind the use of alternative forms of anesthesia, including sedation and electronic dental anesthesia.
Contact Hours : 3 (Three)
Fee: $30 / Participant (Group discount available for > 5 participant)
Author: Stephen Lau, DDS, General Dentist practicing over 25 years.
AGD PACE Subject Code: 132 – Anesthesia and Pain Control (Local Anesthesia in Dental Practice)
Teaching Method: Online Independent Self-Study Course (Training + Post-Test). Requires Computer & Internet.
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (Pdf) Certificate By Email.
Target Audience: Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Dental Assistants.
Provider/Author Disclosure: Biologix Solutions LLC does not have a commercial interest in any products or services discussed or shared in this educational activity nor with the commercial supporter. No manufacturer or third party has had any input into the development of course content.
Biologix Solutions LLC – Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. 4/20/2013 to 4/30/2025. Provider ID# 352738
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC through PayPal, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Biologix Solutions LLC is a nationally approved provider of online continuing education for all healthcare and on-healthcare professionals. Please visit https://blxtraining.com/accreditations/ for full list of approvals.
AGD PACE / CE Broker Reporting: Within 24 Hours of Completion.
Fulfills Mandatory Requirements For:Alabama, Nebraska, Oregon, Pennsylvania