Some injuries are caused by an accident but most are caused by overuse. The most frequent diagnoses are patellofemoral pain syndrome, tibial stress syndrome (shin splint), Achilles tendinopathy, iliotibial band friction syndrome (runner’s knee), plantar fasciitis and stress fractures of the metatarsals and tibia. This course focuses on recognizing and rehabilitating overuse injuries commonly experienced by runners of both sexes, of all ages, and of all levels of running experience.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to learn:
- Distinguish between extrinsic and intrinsic risk factors to lower leg overuse injuries and syndromes.
- Understand the functional and non-functional biomechanics of the foot during running in athletes.
- Distinguish between biomechanical issues associated with overpronation and underpronation.
- Describe the role of overpronation and underpronation in lower leg overuse injuries.
- List considerations pertaining to examining, choosing, and fitting running footwear.
- Discuss common overuse injuries and syndromes, their risk factors, causes, clinical presentation, treatment/management, physical therapy management options, and patient education.
Author: Paul Simonetti, PT, DPT, OCS, MTC
Contact Hours : 4 Hours / 4 PDR Units
Cost: $25 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here