This online continuing education course is to prepare healthcare providers to diagnose, treat, and refer patients with lymphedema. It provides concise information regarding current management techniques, including Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) to effectively treat Lymphedema.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to learn:
- The function of the lymphatic system.
- The anatomy of lymphatic system.
- The pathophysiology of lymphedema.
- The etiology/causes of primary and secondary lymphedema.
- The different stages of lymphedema.
- The common diagnostic procedures for lymphedema.
- The proper massage techniques to enhance lymphatic flow and identify the physiologic rationale for lymph drainage massage.
- Treatment programs to restore function, reduce physical and psychologic suffering, and prevent the development of infection.
- The patient education on risk for developing lymphedema and precautions to avoid complication due to lymphedema.
Author: Elizabeth Anderson, MPT, MPH
Contact Hours : 3 Hours / 3 PDR
Cost: $25 / Participant
Teaching Method : Online Independent Self-Study (Training + Post-Test)
Target Audience: Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
Course Completion Certificate : A Printable (pdf) Certificate By Email
Cancellation / Refund Policy: By completing your purchase from Biologix Solutions LLC, you agree that you are purchasing digital, non-tangible product / service / training courses, and as such are not entitled to a refund once accessed. If you have any questions, please feel to contact us by phone or email before purchasing online course.
Approvals: State Board of Physical Therapy & American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) State Chapters Approved. Please visit accreditation section for fill list: Click Here